Due to a sedentary lifestyle, many people show signs of cervical osteochondrosis. The age category is particularly sensitive to it from 25 years old. And the further, the more often this disease appears. Everyone should know enough information about what is cervical osteochondrosis and what is its treatment at home.
All about cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervix is quite easy to recognize even against the background of other diseases. The first sign of this cervical spine pathology is cracking of the neck joints. If this symptom is observed, you should carefully monitor yourself. You should notice any possible symptoms, so that you can then tell your doctor in detail, then you can also treat cervical osteochondrosis at home.
Headaches are the next sign. Possible neck pain, pain during eye movement, headache. Diagnosis of this disease is an important step in treatment. Neurologists will take care of you, as the disease is complex, often turning into something serious. The main symptom is increased pain during movement. The disease is quite complex, but even doctors will mostly tell you how to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home.
The main symptoms
Determining the presence of osteochondrosis and, possibly, the stage is not as difficult as it may seem. There are 5 main distinguishing manifestations of pathologies in cervical osteochondrosis:
- A constant feeling of discomfort, discomfort in the area of the cervical vertebrae, static "painful" pain is possible.
- The head hurts very often. Headache is associated with general weakness and fatigue that does not go away.
- Strange pain in the left side of the chest where most of the heart is located ("las" or "las" in the upper limb).
- Numbness in the arms or legs is possible, but not completely, but only partially.
- If osteochondrosis goes further, then vision and hearing deteriorate. It then gives the organs balance, which causes dizziness and vomiting.
It often happens that a person simply "marks" these symptoms and treatment. Symptoms are body cries that we pay attention to. It is extremely foolish to ignore them. So, once you identify any symptoms that bother you or if you suspect any disease, you should immediately go to specialists and cure osteochondrosis. It's important!
Possible causes of the disease
Everyone understands that initially nature did not conceive of our lifestyle that way because the bead is not adapted to many of the things we do. That is, the disease arises from the wrong way of life, which makes it very "popular". Also, everyone should know that it is permissible to treat cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies. Causes:
- continuous work in a sitting position;
- minimum amount of physical exercise and lack of stress;
- may occur after a back injury;
- constant walking in the wrong position, crooked posture;
- the body very often tolerates great cold, i. e. it is very cold;
- excess load is also bad, as is its lack. You can not overdo it;
- the same goes for not only muscles but also mental state. Stress may not be the main cause, but it can provoke and worsen the condition;
- the last reason may be infections.
Why does the pain appear?
In the cervical spine are important nerves (in the same place and spinal cord) as well as blood vessels. If the joints are damaged, squeezing occurs, and spasms or cramps are possible. Pain sensations are signals from the body that initially go from the spinal cord to the brain and there are interpreted as severe pain. Everything in order for a person to pay attention. Spasms and cramps only make things worse because they add pressure to the nerves and capillaries, thus increasing the pain.
If the disease continues actively, then the arteries are compressed down. This is even more dangerous, as then less nutrients go to the brain, which causes "hunger". The consequence will be an increase in pressure.
High blood pressure will be felt because the pain will appear in the back of the head. A similar disease in terms of symptoms is hypertension. A cardiologist can help differentiate the disease, as heart pathology has nothing to do with it. And other doctors, on the other hand, will show you how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine at home.
The main methods of diagnosis and further determination of the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- X-ray. Less effective but traditional diagnostic method.
- Magnetic resonance imaging is the most effective diagnostic method. With this type of examination of the patient all the necessary structures appear.
- If it is necessary to measure changes, then computed tomography is used. Determines the presence of hernias and other things.
- The last method is duplex ultrasound scanning. This method of research determines the speed of blood flow in the artery.
It is impossible to accurately determine spinal disease at home.
Traditional methods of treatment
Alternative treatment of cervical osteochondrosis - pine cone. Apply folk remedies made from puppies in a short course. How to cook quickly at home?
The lumps are resolved about 2 cm in length, but not less than 1. 4 cm, so they do not bring many benefits for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. The eyes are washed and pressed. Sugar is added no more than 33% (1/3). The drug should be injected for 10-15 days. You can save it for a year.
It is necessary to use this medicine orally for home treatment. One tablespoon of the substance, 3-4 doses per day. You do not need to break the regimen, you should take the medicine for at least 3-4 weeks.
- For the first medicine, you should take 100 grams of mustard powder, 100 ml of camphor alcohol, 100 ml of diluted medical alcohol and, finally, 5-7 proteins killed without egg yolk. All these ingredients should be mixed and insist for about 9-11 hours in the dark and dry.
- The second alternative treatment for osteochondrosis is prepared from three ingredients. The first is honey. According to the recipe, you should take 200 grams of honey, add 100 grams of aloe plant juice to it. And the last is medical alcohol, 300 ml. Mix all this and leave for 10 hours.
- For the treatment of the spine with folk remedies, a mixture of medical alcohol, iodine, analgin and camphor alcohol is created. Take 10 ml of iodine, add to it 300 ml of honey alcohol, 10 ml of camphor alcohol and 10 tablets of granulated, granulated analgin. All of this, of course, gets mixed up. It is necessary to delete the affected areas.
Once a person knows the recipes, you need to move on to classes. Before you start doing the exercises, you should memorize all the basic rules for performing these exercises.
A short list of rules:
- The whole set of exercises should be performed in any case where there are 10 minutes free.
- All exercises should be done in the morning and evening. Regularity will improve the effect.
- In the morning and in the evening, everything is done on foot.
- If there is pain in the neck, then you should immediately perform a set of exercises related to the rotations of the head.
- Exercise should be combined with a simple massage.
All the exercises listed below should be done at a slow, smooth pace, without haste.
Lying on the floor. One hand on the abdomen, the other on the chest. This is a breathing exercise. A slow suction should first lift the abdomen and then the chest. The air should safely fill the lungs. Extraction should be even slower. Repetition not less than 10.
The same lying position. It lies on the abdomen, and at the same time its arms are along the body. Turn (rotate) the head to the right, left. Desire to reach the floor by ear. Repetition from 5.
In a sitting position. Gentle lowering and raising of the head (front and back). There should be no pain. Repetition not less than 10.
It is important to understand that previous exercises are very important. There is no need to pay attention to their elementary character, this is not an indicator.
- Standing position, arms are lowered along the body. The hands should be stretched as much as possible and at the same time line the back so that neither the shoulder blades nor the shoulders are raised. You should hold this position for about 5 seconds, then relax. This is an exercise to relax the neck.
- While standing, you should lower your head forward. In this case, the entire spine should bend (not just its cervical region). After that we perform the opposite action, so we throw our head back. This exercise is called twisting. Repeat until the cervical spine is warm.
- Another exercise is milling. In a standing position, you should lean, and in this position, you should shake your hands.
Heating, shower with contrast
Immediate answer to the question of whether it is possible to heat osteochondrosis is impossible. Generally, with osteochondrosis, this method is used. But it can not be used specifically for cervical pathology. Mustard plaster treatment of the muscles in the neck area brings about a worsening of all inflammatory processes. Swelling increases when more blood is shed. From this it is easy to identify the answer to the question, is it possible to heat osteochondrosis of the cervix? After heating with osteochondrosis of the cervix, the pain will reappear with even greater intensity.
A contrast shower is allowed. In this case, the muscles relax, and the vessels dilate. Many symptoms are relieved. But it is important to understand that you need to combine all methods of treatment and it will not be much better than a contrast bath.
Contraindications, opinions of doctors
All of the above drugs for osteochondrosis, namely neck osteochondrosis, have their own contraindications associated with an allergic reaction to one or another ingredient.
Exercises need to be combined and you can not bring them into pain, it will only make things worse.
Doctors' opinions agree on one thing. Independently, using popular methods, treatment is dangerous. First, you need diagnosis and consultation. Then you should use all possible methods of treatment, combining them.